Thursday, May 29, 2008

Hey! Hey!

It's been while since my last post, sorry guys. It's not that I don't have anything to write about, I've just been lazy. I actually sat down and started writing about Army of Two on Tuesday and after about two paragraphs, but brain shut down on me so I had to quit. I had to I tells ya! I figured I owe it to you (who?) to put something up today, but it's not Army of Two related.

It's more Indy stuff! A couple posts back I wrote about the Indiana Jones light up spoon giveaway in Mini Wheats cereal. If you've been shopping I'm sure you've seen them, Superstore even had a fancy display with cardboard cutouts. I'm sure you can see where this is going because after the majority of the cereal had been sold I took pieces of the display home with me. The display had two corners pieces with Indy on one side and Shia LaPoof on the other stuff. There was also a poster type thing that would hang down at the bottom. The poster thing has a French side and an English side.


Those are the corner pieces and are just over two and a half feet tall at the tallest point.



Did I need two corners pieces? Definitely not, hell I didn't even need one. That being said I also didn't need the hanging poster either, but I took them anyway. Problem is that know I needed to figure out what to do with them.



I'll use it to hold up my shelf! It doesn't look too bad, just don't look at it for too long. I was also going to hang the English part of the poster on the kitchen wall, but figure that would be too much. The other corner and the poster are in storage under the couch.

Oh yeah, here is some Sloan goodness for everyone looking forward to the release of the new album. Head on over to the Yep Roc website and you can stream the entire new album. There is also some stuff about recording of it and such. I thought it was interesting that not only do they write their their own songs, but also play most of the instruments when recording them. Andrew plays all of the instruments on his songs, but Patrick can't play drums. Haha! Rock on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Keef, we went and saw Indy last night. it was good. although if that Shia guy could get punched a little more, I wouldn't mind..

we got the pop+popcorn deal, and the popcorn came in an idy pail, woo-hoo!

Keef said...

Me and Cody were going to see it Saturday, but then he went back to Moyie for the weekend, so it'll have to wait until next week. I actually bought the comic book, but haven't read it because I don't want to ruin the movie. I'll probably cave in.

Did your pail come with cards? I plan on passing on the usual nacho combo and get the Indy combo with Indy pail. It supposed to come with some kind of cards or something.