Saturday, April 12, 2008

More Cranbrook

On Friday Logan had the day off school, so my dad thought it would be fun to take him to Fairmont and we were the only BC plate in the parking lot. I haven't been to Fairmont in probably a good 17-18 years! They've kept up the appearance of the building and stuff, but the pool itself has seen better days. The pool which is supposed to be painted blue has a lot of the paint chipped off. When walking around in the pool you can feel concrete bits under your feet that have chipped off from the bottom. The edges of the pool are even worse and are all worn and down and chipped up. Where the two sections of the large cool pool meet there is supposed to be a rubber gasket, but on the one side it is pulled out of the crevice for a good three feet. I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be like that. It needs some work.

After the pool we went to Funtasia which is just off the highway. I think they should change their name to Scam City, that pretty much sums that place up. Although on the back deck of the main building they had a french fry vending machine. I'm not even sure how they would make french fries from a vending machine. The maintenance and upkeep must be pretty intensive. Does it use fresh potatoes? Does it use oil and if so, how often does it need to be changed? It wasn't operating, but it did have a sign on it saying it was for sale and call some guy if interested.

Logan is currently taking swimming lessons and one days while my mom was she ran into somebody I went to school, Ian Hill. My mom was telling me about how she ran into him at the pool and he was asking about me and stuff. My response was, "Why?" Anyway, if anyone is interested Ian is married with two daughters and lives in Moyie. I never asked her what she said about me. I guess I have to feel kind of bad for my parents when somebody asks them what I'm doing and they have to say I work at Superstore. When somebody asks me what I do I just say "not much" which is actually true, but still probably not the answer they were looking for. Ha, too bad!

The weather in Cranbrook wasn't too bad, but as usual it weird as it was sunny one moment and then snowing the next, then sunny again. Luckily the snow didn't stay on the ground. Here in Calgary it was a different story when it snowed 23 cms on Thursday and in typical Calgary fashion it was almost melted by Friday.

Yeah, I'm now back in Calgary and getting back in the groove of sitting in front of the TV. I hate watching TV at my parents because the TV is in the living room and there are no curtains so the glare off the screen is incredibly annoying. I left pretty early this morning at got home just after 2pm this afternoon. I got home and unpacked all my crap, ate lunch, and then had a nap. I woke up and played some Obsure: The Aftermath on my Wii and then we watched The Crawlers. The Crawlers is some some godawful movie (on VHS taped off satellite for me by my grandpa) I found while digging around some of my boxes of junk. It was out some guys dumping nuclear waste in the forest and the tree roots coming alive and killing people. I'm not sure why I kept this movie around for so long, it was BAD! It might have been a Canadian movie too as one scene where the rednecks mount up to fight the roots it shows the mudflaps on a truck that have an outline of Alberta on it. Fun fact!

No comments: