Thursday, April 10, 2008

Cranbrook so far...

Yeah, I made it back! I got back Tuesday afternoon after the usual boring 4 hour drive. Coming back during the week is always nice because the roads are usually pretty quiet. My mom was feeling sick, so Tuesday night I went to the hockey game with my dad. The Ice are in the second round of the playoffs against Lethbridge. The game was pretty bad, the Ice totally sucked. Everyone was saying it's the worst they've seen them...ever! It was actually the first time I had even been inside the Rec Plex, I guess it's nice. The Zamboni even says "Dixon's Service Centre" on one side of it. I bet that cost a fortune!

Wednesday I went to the next hockey game with mom because after Tuesday's game my dad refused to go. The Ice played better, but still lost in the second overtime. I even bought some 50/50 tickets this time, but for some reason didn't win, I think the jerk who did got like $3200. I wanted $3200!! I'll admit the Ice mascot guy Shivers was kinda funny, he's like a Bigfoot/Sasquatch dude.

On the way to Wednesday's game who did I see but Willie! Well, I saw him, he didn't see me. He was stopped at a stop sign and I was turning right and going right by him so I was all waving and he was totally clueless. It's good to know that Willie is an attentive driver and aware of everything around him. He was probably text messaging, changing a CD and drinking coffee at the same time.

When I come back I usually end up taking more crap with me back to Calgary because of stuff I buy here. I bought a couple previously viewed movies from Rogers which has a new entrance/exit going on. I got a couple Simpson's 7-11 Squishee cups from the thrift store. And as usual I bought some CDs from CD Plus. I didn't get new CDs, but used ones. The used CD/DVD bin at CD Plus had some unusually decent selections, they even had Blood or Whiskey, the Irish folk punk guys which I like in there. Too bad I got my copy a long time ago and paid full price for it. I ended up getting The Cramps "Bad Music for Bad People", Duran Duran "Decade", and a U.S. Bombs album for about $21. That's not bad considering most CDs there cost that much. I haven't listened to any of them yet, but I will on the drive back.

No comments: