Thursday, February 21, 2008

Star Wars

This morning I got an e-mail from Mike with a Star Wars related link. It's what every Star Wars loving Canadian wants and needs (to keep us warm), a R2-D2 toque. The following link isn't the one Mike sent me, but the original one with instructions on how to make the toque. If any old ladies are reading this, please make me one.
http://carissaknits.blogspot.com/2007/06/r2d2-beanie.html

Later in the day I went to Market Mall and I parked outside Toys'R'Us like I usually do just so I have a reason to walk through it. When I leaving I checked out the action figure section and saw the coolest Star Wars figures I have seen in a long time.

Kawaii Chewie!!

It seems vinyl figures (aka Urban Vinyl) are the hip new collectible. Artists of these figures have devout followings and figures usually have limited production and can sell for over $100 for a single figure, sometime more. Star Wars figures have made the jump to vinyl figures in the form of Mighty Muggs.

The Mighty Muggs figures are super deformed mega-cute renditions of popular Star Wars figures. I ended up getting the Chewbacca figure and the Boba Fett figure. The line also includes C-3PO, Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Mace Windu, Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, and Obi-Wan (Ep II). Each figure except 3PO comes with an weapon or accessory.

Chewie who comes with his bowcaster.

Boba Fett (he comes with jet pack) still in the package and there he shall remain! I know you can't read it but the little Mighty Muggs logo says, "made from 100% recycled awesome". Toys'R'Us are selling these for $14.99 which may sound a bit pricey, but they do look so cool. I had to have them! I hope to see a Stormtrooper version soon.

No comments: