Sunday, February 3, 2008

It's still cold!

It's still pretty cold, but not as cold as it was. Right now it's snowing out, just lightly though, but it's supposed to continue tomorrow and Tuesday. We only had a couple really days last year, and so far this year I think we've matched it with a couple more months of winter to go.

On Friday I made a run to Phoenix to see what they got. I had also asked Melodyia to have a CD ordered in, so I had to see if it came in yet. I didn't!! Anyway, I picked a couple new comics and a bunch from the $1 bins and as I was leaving I saw something on the floor that caught my eye.


It's kinda hard to see, but that's like a 3D rendering of the Friday the 13th movie poster from MacFarlane Toys[link]. It's was priced at $29.95 which was way too much, but marked down to $9.95 it's the perfect crap to class up our dump. MacFarlane also did similar things for The Godfather, Robocop, Elvis (?), and Nightmare on Elm Street which looks pretty cool. The picture below is said Friday the 13th 3D poster hanging on the wall. Cody said I should've put it blow the light, but it really should be lighted from below to make it more scarier. I'm not going to put that much effort into it.


I bought a DVD online! That doesn't sound very exciting, but I paid $3.99 for it, then I downloaded it and the artwork for it. After it's done downloading you can burn it to DVD and you are all set to watch it. It took way too long to download and I realized that DSL is the new dial up. If I downloaded more huge files then I'd probably want to switch to something else. It was okay I guess, but I'd rather have like a factory original DVD with artwork and all that. I know you get artwork with the download, but you have to print it out and I can't even do that because the printer is broken. I doubt I'll ever pay for a DVD download again, or a music download because it's all out there online for free!

No comments: