Friday, January 11, 2008

Polysics or Die!!!

Hey yo. I've been meaning to post all week, but haven't gotten around to it. It's not I don't have any to write about because I do! Hopefully, I'll put everything I've been wanted to say up soon before I forget it. This morning I woke up at 4am! That is way too early to be awake, but I had to work at 5am because we short on staff and it was just me working alone in the morning. Waking up sucked, but it was nice working by myself all morning because I could whatever I wanted. I play by my own rules!



Did you watch that video?! It's crazy good, I know. The dancing girl is known Strong Machine 2, the daughter of Strong Machine, a Japanese wrestler. Duh! If you look around YouTube you can find an alternate version that has her dancing for the entire video. There is also a live clip of her dancing onstage with the band.

I found out about Polysics months ago online, but shortly forgot about them. Then before Christmas I was at A&B when I saw the CD and picked it up because the price wasn't bad and it did come with a DVD too. I popped it my stereo at home I was like, "WHAT?!" I honestly can say I haven't heard anything like these guys. If you asked me to describe their sound/style I couldn't do it. Yeah, they play guitar, bass, drums, and keyboards, but always use a programmer, vocoder, and for the song I My Me Mine (the video above) a recorder.

This next video is for Electric Surfin' Go Go which is like a follow up to I My Me Mine. This time we actually get to see the band. The guitar dude has a wacky looking guitar.



The CD I just picked up is from MySpace Records and called Polysics: Polysics or Die!!! Vista. It's actually a greatest hits disc as the band has been around for about 10 years. Polysics or Die!! has already been released in Japan, but the North American release has a different track listing plus a DVD of four videos and three live tracks. The videos are all pretty cool, unfortunately the DVD lacks a "Play All" function.

If you want to hear a couple other tracks then check out their MySpace page.

No comments: