Tuesday, January 29, 2008

For the love of God, DO NOT GO OUTSIDE!!

If you haven't heard it is brain numbingly cold outside. This morning when I went to work it was -35C and that's without the wind chill. Yesterday morning it was just as cold with the wind chill it was -50C. On Saturday it was only 0C and a day later it's suddenly -30C, that's not fair. I didn't realize it going to be quite so cold and didn't plug my car in. It barely started in the morning and when it did it sounded pretty crappy. The entire car was frozen, even the steering and the gas pedal were stiff.

Cody didn't plug his car in and hadn't started it all weekend, so it didn't start. When I got home from work we went to Wal-Mart to get an extension cord because the only one we had didn't have a ground plug on it. I thought we had one, but I think it disappeared. Wal-Mart was completely cleaned out for extensions cords, but I did get a splitter because there is basically one outlet on the entire outside of the house and there are four vehicles to plug in. We then went over to Canadian Tire and they had lots of extension cords and then aisle was packed with people buying them. I think everyone in line at the checkouts was buying extensions cords or jumper cables.

Cody had to buy the expensive $40 cord because he needed a super long one to reach his car, luckily the 98ft cords were on sale. As I said we already had a long extension cord, but it lacked the ground plug. Big deal! I cut the ground plug off my block heater cord because I'd rather trash a $6 block heater cord than pay $40 for a new extension cord. Besides my dad can always put another in and they're really easy to put in on a Cavalier.

I guess it's pretty much super freezing everywhere, but it is Canada and it is winter, so what do you expect. Doesn't mean everyone is going to stop bitchin' about it though! All I want to know is when is the next Chinook coming?!

No comments: