Monday, December 24, 2007

Twas the night before Christmas...

I'm back home in Cranbrook right now as I drove down Calgary today. The roads were okay up until the Crowsnest Pass where it had snowed. The roads had some snowy sections, but mostly were just wet. I went through a ton of windshield fluid and I got like three new chips in my windshield. Dammit! I think I should start flying back just because I'm getting to hate the drive. It's not that I don't like driving, I just don't like driving that road. I've driven it too many times and it's so damn boring it's starting to put me to sleep and that's not a good thing.

I'll be in Cranbrook until the 28th when I head back to Calgary. I'll definitely be bored, so I brought DVDs with me to help pass the time. I burned the first 18 episodes of GekiRanger on DVD. I burned it as just a plain data DVD, but when I tried it on my DVD player at home it played, but the sound was all choppy which was weird because it worked fine on the computer. I brought it with me and when I tried it out on my parents' DVD player (which I bought them) it worked perfect! Damn, I'll have to swap my old cheap player for a new cheap player. Even thought it's a data DVD it loads to a menu screen where you can select which ever file you want to watch. And the files look awesome! The video quality is really good, better than some DVDs I have. I don't want to buy a new player, but maybe next time I come home I'll just swap my old one for my parent's. They won't mind!

I'm off to bed cuz Santa is coming!

No comments: