Sunday, October 7, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Hey, it's Thanksgiving! I haven't been home for Thanksgiving for so long and it's been maybe 6 years since I've eaten a turkey dinner. I miss turkey, I want turkey. Turkey is good. This year I ended up eating the following as my Thanksgiving dinner.


A hot dog! When I told Cody I was having hot dogs for Thanksgiving he asked if I got turkey dogs. I said no and honestly never really thought of it. I missed out on that, but I'll make sure to get them for my Christmas dinner.

I did have some pumpkin pie though. I was at Safeway last Tuesday and they had pumpkin pies on sale, but I didn't want to get one because I wanted it to be fresher. On Thursday I went back to get a pie and the ones they had out had a best before date of Oct 9, and that's fine. I grabbed one off the bottom of the stack. Later at home I was looking at the box and it had a best before date of Oct 6! What?! Man, don't they rotate stock! They new stock goes on the bottom and old stock on the top! So my Thanksgiving dinner consisted of hot dogs and expired pumpkin pie. The pie still tasted good.

No comments: